Helen is the York Associates Academic Manager and also a Trainer in intercultural skills. She is a Cambridge accredited teacher trainer, with over 17 years of experience in training, personal development and human resources. Helen has several years’ experience in senior management in an educational setting.
Helen started gaining intercultural skills early by attending a French kindergarten in Iraq. Rather more recently, she has worked in France, Germany, Poland, Portugal, Italy, Slovenia, Japan, Thailand and Malaysia. She speaks French and German.
Areas of special interest
Teacher training, professional development, intercultural communication, mental health, neurodiversity, young learners, disability awareness and Human Rights
- Cambridge University Accredited Teacher Trainer (Celta and Distance DELTA local tutor)
- Mental Health First Aider
- First Aider
- MA (Cantab) in Philosophy
- Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults
- Certificate in Counselling Skills in the Development of Learning
- Certificate in Recovery Coaching
- Working towards working towards certificates in Management and Leadership (CMI accredited), NLP for Personal Development and diplomas in both CBT and Mindfulness