Britain woke today to the fact that the majority of the British voters have voted to leave the EU.
We are an island, and the people have used their voice. Though the island I’m talking about is the ‘island’ of York, whose voters were overwhelmingly in favour of remaining in the EU (58%), as are we also in York Associates. We are happy to be surrounded by people in York who share our values and beliefs, though unfortunately, our votes weren’t enough to change the final result.
There is constant coverage on the television. The Prime Minister David Cameron announced this morning that he will step down in three months. Since last night, the value of the pound has fallen dramatically, and the head of the Central Bank of England, Mark Carney, has reassured the British public, and the global markets that the Bank of England is prepared and has contingencies in place. There is political uncertainty about what will happen next.
One certainty though is that we are very much open for business, and nothing has changed. It will be at least 2 years before UK negotiations to leave the EU are complete (ref. Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty).
We are looking to the future and are continuing to offer our full range of training courses both here in York and onsite at clients locations around the world.
Here are 3 great reasons to book your course with us now:
1. The value of the pound has fallen by around 10% since yesterday, which effectively means lower course prices for you if you live in a non-GBP country.
2. We can deliver training onsite at your company, invoicing you in £GBP, so you make savings even if you don’t come to the UK.
3. We love the EU. 58% of voters in York voted to Remain
We have a full range of training courses for
• Academic English and Young Professionals
• Professional Language and Communication
• Teacher and Coach Training
• and International Team and Leadership Training and Coaching
Just browse the header above for more information.
We’d be very happy to hear from you to discuss your training needs and look forward to your call.
+44 1904 624246